CLICK HERE for detailed Rules & Regulations
Mill Woods Soccer Association – Code of Conduct (Players)
- Do your best! Your behavior reflects on you, your team, your coach, MWSA, and the sport of Soccer. Your behavior impacts all of these.
- Be a good sport
- Play hard, but play fair
- Play strong but have compassion for those who lose the game
- Play to win but remember that “winning” is doing your best against all odds
- Be respectful
- Of people (i.e., of coaches, your teammates, other players, and referees)
- Of rules (i.e., the rules of soccer and their application by referees)
- Of existing policies and procedures (i.e., MWSA, EMSA, ASA)
- Support your team
- Participate in practices and drills. They are important for skill and team development
- Work with the coaches to improve your and the team’s skills
- Be a team player, not a lone hero
- Play safe! Ensure that your equipment and how you play the game are safe for you and all other players in the game.
- Enjoy Soccer fully, but remember that in the end Soccer is only a game.
Mill Woods Soccer Association – Code of Conduct (Parents)
It is the intention of this pledge to promote proper behavior and respect for all participants within the Association. All parents must sign this pledge before being allowed to participate in the MWSA programs and must continue to observe the principles of Fair Play throughout the season.
CODE OF CONDUCT FOR PARENTS
- I will not force my child to play soccer.
- I will remember that my child plays soccer for his/her enjoyment, not mine.
- I will only encourage my child to play by the rules and to respect the officials at all times.
- I will teach my child that effort is the cornerstone of any team sport.
- I will make my child feel like a winner every time by offering praise for competing fairly and working hard.
- I will never ridicule or yell at my child or anyone else’s for making a mistake or losing a game.
- I will remember that children learn by example. I will applaud good plays and performances by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will never question the official’s judgment or honesty in public, regardless of age. I recognize officials are learning the game in the same way the players are learning the game.
- I will support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from MWSA games and other games I am party to.
- I will respect and show appreciation for the volunteers who donate their personal time to the benefit of my son/daughter.
I agree to abide by the principles of this CODE as approved and supported by the Mill Woods Soccer Association to the best of my abilities. I also agree to abide by the By-laws and policies and procedures as approved by the Mill Woods Soccer Association.
HOW TO RESOLVE PROBLEMS
- Following a 24-hour “Cooling Off” period, talk to your Manager/Coach. This should resolve most if not all issues.
- If you cannot obtain satisfaction from the Manager/Coach, contact your Community Representative.
- If no satisfactory solution is obtained from your Community Rep, contact the MWSA President, 1st Vice President or 2nd Vice President.