Courses and Refreshers
2019 – OUTDOOR SEASON
How Do I Become A Referee?
GO TO THE ASA WEBSITE AT:
- Click/ hover on the Referee TAB until you see the drop down list.
- Click on “How to become a referee”
- Then proceed to the appropriate tab: Mini Referee / Entry Level / How to sign up.
- Under each category follow the instructions and can search for your required course. You will be then directed to the “REF CENTRE WEBSITE”. Proceed to search courses by the appropriate dates.
- Select the date / location you wish by clicking register and follow the instructions. (Course costs are listed on this site).
- Note: Once these courses are completed you are eligible to referee province wide.
- Assistant Referee (AR) can be found on the EMSA Website: https://emsamain.com/coachref/rescheduling-games-outdoor
- NOTE THE FOLLOWING:
- Mini Referee – to referee U10 or younger soccer. Anyone 12 years of age, or older (on or before May 15th) can sign up to take a Mini Referee’ course.
- Entry Level Referee – to referee U12 or older soccer. Anyone 14 years of age, or older (on or before May 15th) can sign up to take an Entry Level Referee’ course.
Take a minute to look at the 2017 Outdoor Play Dates https://emsamillwoods.com/2017-play-days/ to ensure your schedule allows you to Ref or AR.
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me:
Mill Woods Soccer Association
Please let Ric know if you will be taking a referee course. You will not be reimbursed for the course fee. A referee can make from $30-60 and an assistant referee from $25-35 per game (depending on where in the city & age group).
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to Ric at firstname.lastname@example.org