Return to Soccer Update:
- Return to Soccer – August 13 2021
- Return to Play Memo – Reminders
- Alberta Soccer 8 & 2 Return to Train Guidelines for YOUTH (18&under) – OUTDOOR ONLY (Effective June 1, 2021) (3)
- Alberta Soccer 8 & 2 Return to Train Guidelines for YOUTH (18&under) – OUTDOOR ONLY (Effective June 1, 2021) (1)
- May 26 Announcement
The AB Government announced today its Open for Summer Plan, which includes an easing of restrictions on sport, including soccer. Mill Woods Soccer is pleased to see the restrictions softening to allow for more normal type of soccer activity. We received zero lead time to these announcements; therefore, we are still working through the details on what is allowed. There is still more clarity that we are seeking from Alberta Soccer and EMSA, how other Provincial Health Orders may or may not impact the go forward plan. Nevertheless, we are pleased to have training and gameplay occurring again in our sport.Mill Woods Soccer will continue to communicate to its members as more information is received regarding AB’s Open for Summer Plan https://www.alberta.ca/enhanced-public-health-measures.aspx#open
To restate, even though we all anticipated an easing of restrictions and were all hoping for them, we did not know what today’s announcement would entail. Therefore, we thank you for your understanding as we work through the details on what it means for soccer. Thank you all again for your understanding and hard work you are all doing to support soccer through these ever-changing times.Mill Woods Soccer Association Board of Directors
- Stronger public health measures – Tuesday, May 4Today, the Premier of Alberta announced new public health measures which will impact youth sports.Our Zone is currently reviewing the implications of those restrictions, and how we can best support our players and coaches. We will share guidance and additional information to our members as soon as we can!We are here to support our players while promoting the need to “Stop the Spike.” Sport is a significant contributor to physical and mental health, and we want to ensure that we do the best for our members.Thank you for your patience while we draft a plan for the days ahead.
MWSA Board of Directors
- IMPORTANT EMSA UPDATE (March 3rd, 2021)- ” EMSA 2020/2021 Indoor Season has been cancelled” for more details (click here)
- IMPORTANT EMSA UPDATE (FEBRUARY 10, 2021)- ” U5 AND U7 2020/2021 INDOOR SEASON HAS BEEN CANCELLED” FOR MORE DETAILS (CLICK HERE)
- FEBRUARY 6, 2021 UPDATE CLICK HERE
- IMPORTANT EMSA UPDATE (FEBRUARY 2ND, 2021)- LETTER FROM EMSA PRESIDENT TO ALL MEMBERS (CLICK HERE)
- IMPORTANT (January 22, 2021)- Letter from EMSA President to all Members (click here).
- IMPORTANT (JANUARY 8, 2021) – EMSA IS EFFECTIVELY SUSPENDING ALL ORGANIZED SOCCER ACTIVITIES UNTIL JANUARY 21, 2021. MORE INFO AND DETAILS CLICK HERE.
November 25, 2020
November 12, 2020: Alberta Government announced today a ban on team sports for the Period November 13 to 27, more info on Alberta.ca Effective tomorrow, November 13 all schedules EMSA games and all organized practices will be cancelled until November 27, 2020.
Return To Soccer – FAQ– September 30th, 2020
Alberta Soccer Plan – Phase 2 Return to Modified Games – September 15, 2020 Update
Please see the most up to date information from Alberta Soccer about return to play HERE