Registration for the Outdoor Season begins March 15, 2021.
OUTDOOR 2021 SOCCER REGISTRATION AND SEASON DETAILS!!
MWSA is excited to announce that registration for the 2021 Season will open March 15th.
We know this year holds lots of uncertainties, but we’re determined that we will have a 2021 Soccer Season. We are preparing for a number of different scenarios and we will continue to work together with the Edmonton Minor Soccer Association and Alberta Soccer to determine exactly what the season will look like.
Registration for the 2021 Regular Soccer season will be a bit different year. Due to the uncertainties at this time MWSA has decided to open initial registration, however full fees will not need to be paid at time of registration. We would like to have players register soon so we can get an understanding of the interest and numbers for the 2021 Season. Once we are certain the season will be able to proceed we will provide more details and put a call out for full fees.
3 possible scenarios for the 2021 Scenarios:
PLEASE NOTE THAT SIGNING UP FOR THE SEASON YOU ARE AGREEING TO PARTICIPATE IN ALL 3 SCENARIOS IN CONJUNCTION WITH OUR REFUND
POLICY WHICH ADDRESSES THE SEASONAL TIMELINE CAN BE FOUND HERE
SCENARIO #1 – Return to Train
- Similar to 2020 season but run by coaches
- 6 weeks – 8 sessions
SCENARIO #2 – Return to Play (modified)
- Similar to the indoor season format
- Cohort limit of 50 (subject to change)
- 6 weeks for U4 to U11
- U7 to U11 12 sessions
- U13 to U19 scheduled by EMSA Main
- No tournaments or post season play
SCENARIO #3 – Return to Soccer
- Similar to 2019 season
- Potential tournaments and post season play U11 & up
Please keep in mind that we are continuing to follow the direction of Edmonton Minor Soccer and Alberta Soccer under the guidance of Alberta Health Services. This means although this is our initial plan, it is subject to change.
Our goal moving forward is to ensure our players will not lose the prospect for development and will have the opportunity to get outside and continue to play the game that they love, though perhaps a little differently.
We will definitely need to lean on our membership in a volunteer capacity to help us with coaching, managing, and covering off on safety related duties that we will be required to do. Leading by example for our kids and following all related safety protocols will be everyone’s responsibility.
The following fees will apply:
U4/5 $130 All Scenario’s
U7 Scenario one = $130; Scenario two upgrade = $50; Scenario three upgrade = $15
U9 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
U11 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
U13 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
U15 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
U17 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
U19 Scenario one = $160; Scenario two upgrade = $80; Scenario three upgrade = $35
Initial Scenario one fees will be charged at registration. Upgrade fees will be charged if/when we can move safely to the upgrade scenario. MWSA will send payment notification requests when additional payments are due.
Scenario #1 is Inter squad games and training
Scenario #2 is Return to Play (modified) cohorts and games
Scenario #3 is Return to Soccer Games and Post Season
2021 Outdoor Format – Scenario #2
- Additional Skill Development programs will be available if allowed during Scenario #2
- Summer camps will be available mid July to end of August.
- Possible Summer Fun League will be offered depending on restrictions.
MWSA is a VOLUNTEER run organization.
Parent volunteers are required to make the program a success.
Teams are coached by parent/sibling volunteers.
Please remember: No volunteer coaches = No teams
- No experience is necessary. All we need is a willing volunteer who wants to learn how to encourage and teach our players the skills necessary.
- Coaching courses are available and MWSA reimburses ALL of our Coaches for the cost of coaching courses required.
- If you are interested in Coaching, please select the Coach option under your Volunteer Requirement on the Registration Form and the appropriate Age Rep will be in contact with you prior to season start. You will also need to register as a Team Official in the Portal.
Mill Woods Soccer Association organizes soccer for the following Communities:
Beaumont, Burnewood, Ellerslie, Fulton Meadows, Knottwood, Lakewood, Leefield, Millhurst, North Millbourne, Ridgewood, Southwood, Horizon (Summerside), The Meadows, and Woodvale.
The Outdoor season tentative start date is May 15, 2021
STEPS TO REGISTER – CLICK HERE