• Registration for the Outdoor season is in February and runs May & June with post season in July & August.
  • Registration for the Indoor season is in August and runs mid October to Mid February with post season in March.


Tryout dates and times for SELECTS FC: begin August 26, 2019

Steps to Register

Step 1


  • You will need a 2019-20 Community Membership to be a valid registration. (You will not get past Step 1 on the online registration without a family membership)


  2. MWSA Zone Office (#84, 4003 98 St NW)

Edmonton Federation of Community Leagues (EFCL) Memberships expire in August each year. All players registered in the Edmonton Minor Soccer Association (EMSA) are required to have a valid membership. (1 per immediate family)
You must purchase your community league membership from the community in which you live.

Check out this link to see all the benefits of a Community League Membership –  CLICK HERE

INDOOR Program Format, Play Days & Fees: CLICK HERE

Step 2

Online registration for the 2019 2020 Indoor Season on the EMSA Soccer Portal opens August 1st.

If your address, phone #, community league name or email address has changed since you last registered in our soccer system, it must be updated before you register a player, volunteer or team official.  

  • Change in address, phone # or community league name?  From your Dashboard, (1) select Manage People on Account, (2) click on the pencil beside the name of the person you wish to update, make the corrections & save your changes.
  • Change in email address?  Contact 


  1. If you don’t have an account, follow the step by step instructions in the Soccer Portal to create one.
  2. Register your player(s) and/ or team officials.
  3. If you are interested in volunteering as a Coach, Assistant Coach or Team Manager on your child’s team, register that player first, choose the appropriate volunteer role & then complete a Team Official registration for yourself.  If you are interested in volunteering on more than one team, you need to complete additional Team Official registrations.  Please complete all sections of the Team Official registration & add in as much detail on age level & gender, player requests, who you’d like to volunteer with etc.  Helpful hint:  In order for the registration to be completed, you have to scroll through the whole waiver & mark off at least one method of communication.

CLICK HERE to register now.

  • Need help to register? Drop by the office (#84 4003 98 St, Tuesday – Friday Noon to 4:30pm)

Helpful hints:

    • When I visit the site is says “unauthorized” or “error checking roles” what do I do?Use the sign-out button at the top of the portal to reset your browser and simply log back in.
    • When completing the registration form on line, enter as much information as possible for friend & Coach requests.  Last names are a big help!  Remember, our Age Level Directors will do their best to accommodate your requests, but they cannot be guaranteed.
    • Consider volunteering as a Coach or Assistant Coach.
    • In order for the registration to be completed, you have to scroll through the whole waiver before checking off.
    • If you made an error on the registration form, not a problem.  Contact our office by phone (780-468-5233 ext 2), in person or via email ( & we’ll make the changes for you.
    • Don’t wait for one of our in person payment sessions!  Stop by the office or mail everything in to us.
    • We do not transfer any registration fees to other Clubs or community programs outside of our zone.
    • What equipment is needed for Indoor soccer?It is mandatory for all players to have shin pads, socks, and shorts (black). Regular indoor running shoes or indoor turf shoes.   A jersey will be provided by the coach.  U9-U19 community players will require a $200 jersey deposit cheque to be given to the coach.

Step 3 – to complete registration – documentation and payment must be done by September 5th.

Once you have registered on line you must provide the following:

  • Payment fee (cash, debit, credit or cheque) payable to Mill Woods Soccer Association OR proof of on-line payment.
  • Printed copy of the  Player  Registration Summary Confirmation Form for each player.
  • Volunteer Deposit Cheque of $250 made out to Mill Woods Soccer Association (one/family) post dated March 1st, 2020.
  • Copy of 2019 -2020 Community League Membership.  (picture can be emailed to
  • Copy of Alberta Health Care Card or (other document showing date of birth) First Time Players Only (picture can be emailed to
  •  If Financial Assistance is needed please click here for the forms and the process. – Financial Assistance Forms

Office Hours for Payment or submitting documents:

  • Dropped in our secure mail slot (#84 4003 98 St NW)
  • Sent in the mail (#84 4003 98 St NW, Edmonton, AB T6E 6M8)
  • Office Hours Tuesday – Friday Noon-5:00 pm (#84 4003-98 St NW


  • Due to limited centre time teams U9 – U19 may be assigned some weeknight games.
  • Games may start as early as 6:45 am.
  • Practices for U9+ will be determined by the coach, dates and times will not be released until mid-October.




All Players, Coaches, Assistant Coaches and Managers of the following groups are required to have an EMSA I.D./Player card:

Program Player Team Official
Community  U4 & U5 No No
Community U7, U9, U11 No Yes
Community  U13,U15, U17, U9 (City Wide) Yes Yes
Premier U9 –  U19 Yes Yes

There is no grace period for missing EMSA I.D. cards. All players, coaches, assistant coaches or managers must have their cards for the first game. If a player does not have a card and they play then the team will forfeit the game. If the coach, assistant coach or manager does not have their cards then they will not be permitted on the bench.


All cards are printed at the EmsaMAIN office. (6520 Roper Road)

Lost cards are subject to a $20 replacement fee. 

Prior to the season start there will be carding nights hosted by EmsaMAIN, see below.
2019_2020 Indoor Player Carding Dates


Security Clearance (For Coaches, Asst. Coaches and Managers)

Security Clearance forms (2 forms) are required to be completed for new coaches, assistant coaches and managers. Once completed and approved by the Mill Woods Zone the clearance is good for 2 years. Bring two legal unexpired identifications (passport, driver’s license, Alberta Health Care Card etc.) for verification.  The Mill Woods Zone covers the cost of all Security Clearances.

Police Information Check Application-1

Third Party Notification Form